12x16 Barn Plans
Easy to Build 12x16 Barn Shed
These 12x16 Barn Plans Come With 2 Options...
Doors On End Wall Option
Doors on Side Wall Option
12x16 Barn Plan Details
When you build using these 12x16 barn plans you will have a shed with the following:
- Gambrel style shed roof
- 12' wide, 16' long, and 13' 11.5" tall (ground to roof peak)
- 5' wide by 6'5" tall double shed doors on the short end wall
- 7' interior wall height
- Option to frame loft any way you want
- 5' head room off loft floor (using 2x6 floor joists)
- 2x6 treated floor joists 16' on center
- 2x4 wall framing 16" on center
- 2x4 truss construction spaced 24" on center
- optional 5' wide shed ramp
Take a 3d Virtual Tour and See Some Pics From Customers:
Every framing view shown in these 12x16 barn plans shows in full page color with details for building and constructing every phase of your barn construction.
These plans were designed and written by me, John, the owner of shedking and a professional shed builder.
12x16 Barn Shed Blueprint Pages
Download the Barn Shed Building Guide For Free!
Take a look at this 39 page pdf format building guide that comes with these plans. I have tried to make the building process as simple as possible by including these detailed building instructions chocked full of pictures, diagrams, and illustrations.
Table of Contents for the Building Guide
All This, In One Easy Download, For Only $12.95!
- 39 page illustrated and detailed barn shed building guide.
- 22 pages of 12x16 barn plans with the following:
- Elevation views.
- Building Section
- Floor Plan
- Floor Layout
- Front Wall Framing with Double Shed Doors or
- Side Wall Framing with Double Shed Doors
- Right and Left Wall Framing
- Back Wall Framing
- Truss Construction
- Roof Framing
- Fly Rafters and Side Overhang Construction
- Shed Door Construction and Cuts
- Loft Framing
- Simple Shelving Construction
- Framing for Adding Windows
- Shed Ramp Building Details
- Miscellaneous Materials List
- Email Support from me, John, the Shedmaster at shedking.net
Sample Plan Page Showing Gable Truss Construction
Options You Can Add to These 12x16 Barn Plans
I have tons of information available here on this website if you want to do any of the following:
Adding double or single shed doors
Adding shed windows
Changing the shed roof style
This 'Big' small barn is great for storing all your lawn equipment in. The floor is built with all treated lumber with 2x6 floor joists spaced 16" on center for storing that big riding mower you'll want to park in there.
The recommended siding is 'smartside' engineered pre-primed siding that will endure harsh weather climates. You can certainly use the siding of your choice.
This shed can easily be lengthened or shortened depending on your needs, or just stick with the easy framing for wall and roof members at 2' on center.
Build Your Loft Any Way You Want!
Here's a testimonial from one of my customers:
Your plans seem very comprehensive!
You amaze me that you've sent a revision too! Integrity too! Your a rare gem!"
See more of Craig building his 12x16 barn shed.
Heather's 12x16 Barn Shed with Wood Shop
How to purchase these plans:
If you are ready to build this neat barn with lots of storage space that's easy and fun to build, especially if you get your family involved, please use the 'buy now' button below to get your immediate download for just $12.95.
Leave 12x16 barn plans for more barn shed plans.